My research interests are related to Machine Learning and Signal Processing. In particular, I have worked on Boosting approaches, Kernel Methods and algorithms for Feature Selection and Extraction.
During the past few years I have focused my efforts on applying this expertise to real problems such as the anaylisis of neuroimaging data (for mental disorder detection and characterization) and, more rencently, the development of tools aimed at using the Internet as a data source or the design of models to be used in smart grid enviroments.
Research project results
The following web pages show the main results from some research projects carried out by the ML4DS members:
- “Internet as Data Source”. Funding Organization: red.es.
- “Analysis of the ICT sector with topic modelling methods”. Funding Organization: Spanish Secretary of State of Telecommunications and Information Society. (SETSI).
these were pages were designed usind D3, a powerful tool to analyze (and play with) your research results.
Here, you can download either my PhD Thesis or other ones carried out under my supervision.
- My PhD Dissertation entitled “New aid criteria for ensembles of cooperative decision makers”
- Sergio Muñoz’s doctoral thesis: “Multivariate analisys: efficient and interpretable solutions”
- Efraín Mayhua’s doctoral thesis: “Local learners in ensembles of decision makers desinged by Boosting”